Position: Deputy Headteacher
Location: Highbury Primary School
Teaching & Learning – implement key priorities of School Improvement
Teaching English in Year 6
Support subject leaders to lead their subjects
Coaching and supporting NQT’s in English
Experience in leading improvements in learning and teaching
- Supporting improvements in leading the English planning & teaching in Year 6.
- At the end of KS2 – two-year sustained improvement in attainment in reading (87%), writing (87%) and GPS (90%). All above national and increase in greater depth writing (20%) in line with national.
- Gaps in achievement between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged are closing rapidly.
- Using my expertise to support English planning and outstanding teaching across the school to improve outcomes.
- At the end of KS1 73% achieved expected standard or higher combined reading, writing and maths. All subjects were above the national average at the expected standard and above.
- KS1 Disadvantaged and SEND pupils attain better at national across all subjects.
- KS1 10% increase in GD Reading and 12% increase in GD Writing
- Worked as a facilitator – writing workshops and Year 6 training courses.
- Led cluster moderation for Key Stage 2 writing.
- Supported other schools in the Academy to improve writing outcomes by completing a works scrutiny and joint action planning.
Specific SLE area of expertise:
Other areas of expertise:
- Experienced Key Stage 2 moderator (5 years) – assessing writing standards within a range of schools in Portsmouth & Southampton.
- Experience of leading English CPD e.g. audience & purpose, task design and pupil choice can provide opportunities for GD writing.
- Lead practitioner for University of Chichester - Teacher English Enquiry Group – working closely with a Primary English Specialist & practitioners to research pedagogical practice to improve outcomes.
- Delivered leadership and coaching skills for the senior leadership team.
- Coached middle leaders to develop Subject Leadership skills.
- Delivered Curriculum training to School Direct students.