Position: KS1 Teacher
Location: St Swithun's Catholic Primary School
- Initiating new ideas and strategies on delivering literacy.
- Maintaining high standards of literacy across the phase.
- Leading PE across the school.
- Developing greater depth writers within year 2.
Experience in leading improvements in learning and teaching
- Introducing a new and exciting approach to teaching literacy in KS1 which has motivated children and encouraged writing from all abilities.
- Managing the implementation and monitoring the impact on literacy through small focused teacher led groups, independent opportunities to write and the use of role play including oral composition which has had a positive impact on progress and outcomes.
- Collaborative and creative planning to engage children and ensure consistency across phase.
- Peer to peer coaching with colleagues, including observed classroom practice.
- Pupil conferencing to encourage reflection and ownership of learning.
- Whole class approach of reading into writing, supporting and stretching different abilities.
- Focus group for the greater depth children to develop purpose for writing and transferring their reading into writing.
Specific SLE area of expertise:
- Literacy across KS1 with a particular focus to oral rehearsal and reading into writing.
- Greater depth writing
- Developing literacy to engage reluctant writers.
Other areas of expertise:
- Inclusion of children with extreme behavioural problems.
- Working with colleagues to support learning in challenging environments.