Position: Head of School
Location: Mary Rose Academy
- To support the academy’s vision and aims and to maintain and continue to develop a culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations for all pupils.
- To provide a high quality education by effectively managing learning and teaching and using personalised learning to realise the full potential of all pupils.
- To ensure that resources are efficiently and effectively used to achieve the academy’s aims.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead
Experience in leading improvements in learning and teaching:
- I am a facilitator for the Outstanding Teacher Programme and Improving Teacher Programme.
- I am a facilitator for The Power of Coaching (part of the OTP).
- I regularly observe lessons and conduct learning walks, then provide feedback to staff. My judgements have been quality assured by both Ofsted and Challenge Partners.
- I am a Challenge Partners Reviewer and have completed several reviews in other schools.
- I lead/deliver whole staff and joint school CPD/INSET training.
- I’ve developed and lead induction programmes for new staff.
Specific SLE area of expertise
- Teaching and learning – SEND 2-19
- Continuing Professional Development
- Adapting the Curriculum to make it accessible for learners with SEN or additional needs.
- Visual communication strategies (eg use of schedules to support ASD learners)
- Deploying support staff