Position: Head of Drama
Location: Springfield School
- To raise standards of pupil attainment and achievement within the department and to monitor and support pupil progress.
- To be accountable for pupil progress and development within the subject area.
- To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils studying in the department.
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject
- To manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the department effectively to support the department development plan.
Experience in leading improvements in learning and teaching:
A key element of my previous job was the leadership of school CPD. I ensured an innovative approach to teaching and learning across the school and the focus of this was positive impact in the classroom. I have had responsibility for whole school Key Stage 3 and 4 curriculum planning, data analysis, target setting and assessment, and have been instrumental on leading a regional Drama group on the creation of assessment without levels with the Drama curriculum. I have also led whole school monitoring of marking and planning, ensuring consistency both within departments and across the School.
I have been identified both externally and internally as an outstanding head of department, achieving exceptional results at both A*-C and A*-A. This has led to me overseeing a range of other departments to support and develop performance.
Specific SLE area of expertise:
- School Improvement
- Curriculum Development
- Drama and Performing Arts
- Teaching and Learning
- Senior and Middle Leadership
Other areas of expertise:
- Artsmark development
- BTEC Delivery and Assessment