Position: 2i/c Science
Location: Saint Edmunds Catholic School
- Leading moderation of coursework
- Leading changes to curriculum
- Leading STEM provision across the school
- Teaching and learning in the department
Experience in leading improvements in learning and teaching:
- TEEP level 2 associate, facilitating sessions based around teaching and learning.
- Royal Academy of Engineering Teacher Coordinator, disseminating training from the academy to local Portsmouth STEM network.
- Running a school STEM network with BAE systems and the University of Portsmouth
- Organising and coordinating STEM activities, clubs, trips and improvements to the curriculum throughout the year.
- Trialling resources for The Thinking Classroom as a ‘Teacher Tester’
Specific SLE area of expertise:
Science teaching & learning, developing activities that promoting higher level thinking skills, STEM activities both as projects and in the curriculum, developing context based learning activities.
Running training/CPD sessions for professionals.
Other areas of expertise:
Provision for the most able, evaluating provision for the most able, implementing changes to the provision for the most able.