Position: Professional Mentor
Location: Mayfield School
- Co-ordinating placements for all teacher trainees.
- Designing and organising training programmes for trainees/ NQTs/ RQTs across all key stages and curriculum areas.
- Providing and leading CPD sessions for trainees and existing staff.
- Working with Universities and other providers to run training sessions for Early Years, Primary and Secondary trainees.
- Mentoring and coaching trainees and existing staff across different key stages and curriculum areas within school.
- Line management of subject mentors.
- Establish links with new providers.
- Developing relationships with existing providers.
Experience in leading improvements in learning and teaching:
- Lead Practitioner for the school for over 6 years
- Coaching and mentoring staff from all key stages across the curriculum
- Providing PCPD/ Twilight/ INSET and workshops to all staff on subjects including:
- Differentiation and engagement;
- Teaching the more abl
- Outstanding Teaching
- Marking and assessment
- Planning lessons and schemes of work
- QA and department handbooks
- Life after Levels – Moderation
- Improving Teaching
- The Learning Journey – Year R and Beyond
- Leader of Teaching and Learning group – ‘AfL Champ’ for the school
- ‘Mayfield Improvement Group’ leader for teaching and learning
- Co-ordinator of ‘Improving Teaching’ Group for the school
- Development of ‘Life after Levels’
Specific SLE area of expertise:
- Teaching and Learning
- Training – Mentoring - Coaching
Other areas of expertise:
- Secondary English
- The Learning Journey – Yr R KS1 – KS2 – KS3 – KS4
- Writing Skills - Primary