Position: Assistant Head teacher
Location: Northern Parade Schools
- English manager across primary phase, year group leader, local authority moderator and non-core coordinator.
Experience in leading improvements in learning and teaching:
- Created new English curriculum to incorporate ‘Talk for Writing’ to raise standards of reading and writing
- Led the feedback marking project working with schools in Hackney to improve assessment and feedback to children
- Worked with schools in Portsmouth and Southampton as a moderator to ensure staff understood the teaching requirements and standards for Year 2.
- Helped to develop a reading curriculum that improved the teaching and learning of reading for the new curriculum.
Specific SLE area of expertise:
Moderation – Year 2 expectations and standards
Other Areas of expertise:
- Talk for Writing curriculum
- Feedback marking