Position: Headteacher 0.2, Deputy Head teacher 0.8. Coach/Mentor
Specialism: Developing Middle Leaders. Teaching foundation subjects through core subjects within the 2014 curriculum. English teaching. Developing Subject Leaders.
Location: St Jude’s CofE Primary
- Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher
- Curriculum enhancement
- Coach/Mentor (inc NQTs/Apprentices/Teacher support programmes)
- Reading Recovery, Better Reading Partnership, Fischer Family Trust, Inference trained.
- Preparing for success with SIAMS inspection
Experiences in Leading Improvements in Learning and Teaching:
- Developing school systems, implementing change and moving schools forward
- In school coach and mentor for teachers new to profession, subject/KS leadership. Working with teachers in need of support and those in need of challenge.
- Supporting staff in planning and delivery for the 2014 curriculum and designing booster and intervention support to close the gap.
- Developing evidence to support effective judgements in reading
- Experienced in training and supporting TAs and support staff so they lead high quality interventions to support progress.
- CPD development for support staff to maximise their skills in the classroom.
- Developing effective whole school approaches to Collective Worship.
Specific SLE Areas of Expertise:
- Developing Middle Leaders – Action planning, reviewing data, differences between managing and leading, recognising impact, monitoring. .
- Teaching foundation subjects through core subjects within the 2014 curriculum- Enhancing the English curriculum by using foundation subjects as a stimulus Teaching beyond the curriculum.
- English teaching- developing skills sessions and application.
- Developing Subject Leaders.
- Supporting CofE schools aiming for Outstanding in SIAMS- Working with RE teams and implementing Collective Worship across the school
- Creating bespoke Teacher/Support Staff interventions to support in reading
- TA development- Developing CPD and training support staff to lead interventions
- Miscue analysis as an assessment tool to support teacher judgements
- Improving approaches to reading (guided, whole class and one to one).