Position: Assistant Headteacher
Location: Corpus Christi Catholic Primary
- Member of SLT
- KS2 Leader
- Maths Leader
- Local authority moderator
- Mentor for trainee teachers (including University of Chichester and Primary PCP)
- Leader of new curriculum implementation
- NQT Mentor
- Coaching and Mentoring Phase Leaders
- Monitoring pupil progress
Experiences in Leading Improvements in Learning and Teaching:
- Designing a new curriculum, planning style and assessment materials in keeping with the 2014 statutory requirements.
- Administering the KS2 SAT assessments, including the application for access arrangements.
- Developing maths planning and teaching (in line with parts of Shanghai-style methods) to improve learning and deepen mathematical understanding.
- Pupil Progress Meetings, analysing data, highlighting pupils that haven’t made progress and assigning interventions and next steps with phase teams.
- Moderating of work within and outside of school, including working with local clusters and being part of the local authority moderation team for KS2 writing.
- Modelling good practice both for internal staff and a range of external visitors.
- Conducting staff appraisals and monitoring.
- Planning and delivery of staff INSET.
- Implementing ‘growth mindset’ initiatives across the school to improve pupil learning behaviours.
Specific Areas of Expertise:
- KS2 (particularly Y5/6)
Other Areas of Expertise: