Position: Assistant Headteacher
Location: Mary Rose Academy
- Teaching and learning leader for 2-19
- Lead for the Portsmouth SEN Support Partnership
- Curriculum, progress and pastoral lead for post 16 provision
- Educational visits co-ordinator
- Deputy DSL
Experiences in Leading Improvements in Learning and Teaching:
- I regularly lead whole school developments in teaching and learning including both teacher and teaching assistant CPD sessions.
- I lead teaching and learning sessions for whole staff team on inset days.
- I am a facilitator for the Outstanding and Improving teacher programmes and I have run 4 programmes of the OTP.
- I am a facilitator for the ‘Power of Coaching’ module of the OTP and lead on coaching within our school.
- I have lead on the development of opportunities for staff to take part in joint practice development including working within learning 3s.
- I regularly observe lessons, including learning walks and feedback to staff and have had my judgements quality assured by both Ofsted and Challenge Partners.
- I have taken part in two challenge partner reviews as a joint reviewer and am trained to carry out challenge partner reviews in other schools.
- I have worked with a number of other schools to provide training, advice and support for staff as part of the PSENSP.
What are your Specific Areas of Expertise?
- Teaching and learning – SEN and mainstream
- Developing community links and partnerships
- Post 16