Professional Skills Tests:
You have to pass the skills tests in both English and Mathematics before the start of the course. We run support sessions from February each year to support you with the test. There is a testing centre in Portsmouth.
How to apply for the Professional Skills Tests
- Book your tests via the DfE skills test registration page or by phoning 0300 303 9613.
- You can access updated practice tests, including punctuation for the literacy test, via the DfE skills test pages. This is updated regularly with relevant information.
- Special arrangements can be requested and further information on who is eligible and how to apply can be found on the DfE website
- On the day of your test you will need to take proof of application to ITT with your DBS and Occupational Health
- You must undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and an occupational health assessment to assess fitness for teaching. Tuition fee applicants will have these completed by the HEI and Salaried applicants by the school in which they work.
Visa to Study:
If you are from a non-EU country, then you must hold an appropriate visa stating that you are eligible to study in the UK for the duration of the course.