SEND Review Conference
Join us on 8th November at the Village Hotel for the SEND Review Conference.
This SSIF-bid funded project involves 20 Portsmouth schools - 18 primary, 2 secondary. The project uses regional and national SEND specialists to support schools in their development of SEND strategy, practice and implementation. Our conference will be a celebration of our work and a dissemination of our key successes and outcomes across all schools in the project.
Key areas covered will include:
- Establishing a shared, whole school vision and responsibility for pupils with SEND.
- SENCOs and leaders of SEND working strategically alongside class teachers to review and improve their teaching for learners with SEND.
- Consistent approaches to provision mapping so that the impact and cost-effectiveness of interventions can be rigorously evaluated.
- Approaches to assessment, particularly in the areas of SEMH.
- Sharing best practice in the deployment and development of teaching assistants to ensure that this resource is used efficiently and has maximum impact.
- Parental confidence in SEND provision. Building opportunities to for parents and carers to contribute to shaping the quality of support.
- Flexible approaches to the curriculum at KS4
- Knowledge of SEND budget including high needs and notional
We will also welcome keynote speakers
The project has been positively reviewed by participant schools:
- ‘We saw an increase in parental engagement at parent’s evening for Year 8 & 9 SEN students following advice from our coach which was very positive.’
- ‘Staff are more able to personalise the teaching in the moment as they are so conversant with each child’s next step in reading writing and maths.’
- ‘It is always so helpful to see how other people tackle the same challenges. It is good to see that we are already doing so many of the same things as others.’
The Village Hotel
For Portsmouth participating members – no charge
For Portsmouth participating schools additional places - £25
All other bookings - £50