The Leadership Residency programme is aimed at senior and middle leaders and is supported by Challenge Partners. The programme involves a pre-residency training session, a 2-3 day residency at a host school and post-residency training and coaching sessions. The programme will start in Autumn 2016 and run through to Spring 2017. The programme therefore represents very good value for money and is complementary to other leadership development courses such as NPQSL.
Given the diverse nature of the current educational context and increased autonomy within the system, it is important that you have the opportunity to learn in a different context to your current workplace. The Leadership Residency programme provides an opportunity for you to reflect on your leadership style, focus on a specific aspect of leadership and put your considerations into practice in a different context.
You will have the opportunity to develop your leadership expertise and practise skills through undertaking a strategic leadership task within the placement school. You will be assigned a designated SLT contact person in the resident school, to facilitate the hosting of residencies between schools. This is a reciprocal arrangement so you will be expected to both host and to be a resident as part of the programme
Through your placement you will be able to:
- Understand how to use your leadership capability in a new and different context
- Reflect on key leadership behaviours of highly effective leaders
- Identify how to develop your own leadership
- Develop your leadership skills through leading a strategic leadership task
- Network with other leaders in the Challenge Partners partnership, building sustainable links which extend beyond the residency period.
Feb TBC Pre-Residency training, Spring Term residency as organised by schools, Mon 17 April PostResidency training.
If you would like further information, or to discuss this in more depth, please contact Sophie Venables email@example.com.