Welcome to the Solent Maths Hub with lead school The Mary Rose Academy Portsmouth.
The geographical area we aim to cover is Hampshire, Southampton, Isle of Wight, and Portsmouth.
Among our key, strategic partners are the following:
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Chichester
- University of Southampton
- University of Winchester
- Further Maths Support Programme
- Core Maths Support Programme
- The Maths Association
- MEI (Mathematics in Education and industry)
In 2016/2017 the areas we will focus on are:
- Early Years Development
- Teaching for Mastery (Primary)
- Teaching for Mastery (Secondary)
- Can Do Maths! (Teaching Assistants programme)
- Professional Development for teachers of SEND Mathematics.
- Teaching Mastery Primary Clusters.
- Thinking Mathematically -Deepening Understanding (Primary)
- Developing Reasoning at KS3
- Developing Reasoning Post 16 (Level 2)
- Professional Development Lead Programme(s) for Early Years/ Primary/Secondary and Post 16 (Level 2)
- Core Maths
- Engaging with Post 16 (Level 3)
- Mathematics Enrichment Event University of Southampton
For further details on how to engage with the Solent Maths Hub.